Environment Systems is a market leading agricultural and environmental data consultancy based in the UK with a global reach. We use evidence and insight to help governments and businesses better manage our environment and grow more food.
In 2015 we built the Environment Systems Satellite Data Services (https://data.envsys.co.uk/), a cloud-based engine for processing and analysing satellite imagery at scale and serving it up via API.
Environment Systems is looking for a front end developer to join the software development team on a contract basis to work on our Data Services and other consultancy projects. We expect this contract to be on a framework basis, with a flexible but capped amount of work required each month.
- Responsive, modern, accessible front end design
- CSS + JS + HTML Templates with appropriate frameworks (bootstrap, angular, jquery, etc)
- Visual Mockups
- Mapping libraries (Leaflet.JS, OpenLayers)
- Sensitive to security and performance considerations
Nice to have:
- Python + Django Experience
- Docker skills
- GIS (GDAL, PostGis, GeoDjango)
- Single page apps + AJAX form submission with Django
- Linux command line
- AWS Familiarity
Please send a short (2 page maximum) CV and covering letter by email to [email protected] by 30th June 2020.
Do you want to:
- Further develop your track record of creative thinking and applying it logically to solving problems?
- Innovate and work at the research/operational interface?
- Work in an entrepreneurial, growing company; and help it grow faster?
We want you to have some or all of the following:
- Programming and scripting in Java and Python
- Using Linux
- Version control systems (Git)
- Django (to contribute to web-based stuff)
- Celery (asynchronous pipeline processing)
- OGC standards (integration)
- Cloud computing (AWS)
- Using geospatial libraries and RDMS (PostgreSQL or equivalent)
- UI experience including mobile apps
If so, Environment Systems is seeking you! A highly motivated developer, who is seeking to grow their track record in developing software. Competitive salary to be negotiated on the basis of qualifications and experience.
Application is by short (2 page maximum) CV and covering letter emailed to [email protected] The covering letter should set out why you believe you are a qualified candidate, give concise examples on how you are suited to the role and include current salary details.
You are only eligible to apply for this position if you possess a valid UK work visa.
NO AGENCIES PLEASE.